Welcome to OsiriX Plugin Basics,
On this site I will share the basic knowledge about creating plugins for OsiriX, probably the best DICOM viewer available for MacOS. Just recently a fork of the OsiriX v5.9 named Horos was published and is getting more and more attention. A compilation of the differences can be seen HERE. For now most of the OsiriX plugins are compatible with Horos.
For constructive criticism, ideas about more topics or just a question use my contact form.
- Step 1 – Development Environment
- Step 2 – Your First Plugin
- Step 3 – “Hello World”-Tutorials (Part 1)
- Debugging & Plugin Troubleshooting
Types of Plugins
- Image Filter
- ROI Tool
- Reading & Writing Pixels in Grey & RGBImages
- Browse through Images (Displayed2DViewers, maxMovieIndex, PixList, curPix)
- Common ROI functions (e.g. name, comment, color, Load & Save ROIs)
- Specific ROI functions: tMesure (Line), tROI (Rectangle), tOval (Circle), tOPolygon (Open Polygon), tCPolygon (Closed Polygon), tAngle, tText, tArrow, tPencil, t3Dpoint, t2DPoint, tPlain (Brush ROI), tLayerROI (Layer Overlay), tAxis, tDynAngle (dynamic Angle)
I hadn’t time to get around the database plugin. That’s why I recommend the blog by OsiriXnewby for database plugin and plugin interfaces.
- Find Patients, Studies, Images
- Database Selection
- Open 2D Viewer, Open 4D Viewer, Open Combined Images
- Close a Window, NextPatient, NextSeries, Windowing
- Create an empty Viewer Controller
- Reading Dicom Metadata
- Observer – Plugin waits for actions (Capture the Mouse)
- Plugin Versioning
Integrate Toolkits into your Plugins
- Self compiled ITK (Binary Build) with sample plugin
- ITK (OsiriX Version) (obsolete), ITK (self compiled) (obsolete)
- Simple ITK plugin (obsolete)
- More information can be found at Konrad’s blog
- VTK, TubeTK, CMTK, VMTK, IRTK, IGSTK, FLTK, CamiTK
- MeVisLab (OsiriX Bridge)
- Import Results (TIFF, JPG, PDF) from external Software
- Plugins using the 3D MPR Mode
Create User Interfaces
- OsiriX Plugin Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Create window, which stays on top
- Multilingual dialogs
- Integrate Icon in the OsiriX Settings Dialog
- Create Screenshots for Presentations
- OsiriX Version & Plugin Version
- Osirix under Windows and Linux?
All old posts can still be found here.