Welcome to OsiriX Plugin Basics,
On this site I will share the basic knowledge about creating plugins for the best DICOM viewer available for MacOS. Just recently a fork of the OsiriX v5.9 named Horos was published and is getting more and more attention. A compilation of the differences can be seen HERE. For now most of the OsiriX plugins are compatible with Horos.
For constructive critisim, ideas about more topics or just a question use my contact formular.
- Setting Up The Development Environment
- Create The First Plugin
- Getting started with “Hello World”-Tutorials (Part 1)
- Plugin Troubleshooting
Types of Plugins
- Image Filter
- ROI Tool
- Reading & Writing Pixels in Grey & RGBImages
- Browse through Images (Displayed2DViewers, maxMovieIndex, PixList, curPix)
- Common ROI functions (e.g. name, comment, color, Load & Save ROIs)
- Specific ROI functions: tMesure (Line), tROI (Rectangle), tOval (Circle), tOPolygon (Open Polygon), tCPolygon (Closed Polygon), tAngle, tText, tArrow, tPencil, t3Dpoint, t2DPoint, tPlain (Brush ROI), tLayerROI (Layer Overlay), tAxis, tDynAngle (dynamic Angle)
I hadn’t time to get around the database plugin. That’s why I recommend the blog by OsiriXnewby for database plugin and plugin interfaces.
- Find Patients, Studies, Images
- Database Selection
- Open 2D Viewer, Open 4D Viewer, Open Combined Images
- Close a Window, NextPatient, NextSeries, Windowing
- Create an empty Viewer Controller
- Reading Dicom Metadata
- Plugin waits for actions (Observer)
- Plugin Versioning
Integrate Toolkits into your Plugins
- ITK (OsiriX Version), ITK (self compiled)
- Simple ITK plugin
- VTK, TubeTK, CMTK, VMTK, IRTK, IGSTK, FLTK
- MeVisLab (OsiriX Bridge)
- Import Results (TIFF, JPG, PDF) from external Software
Create User Interfaces
- Create window which stays on top
- Multilingual dialogs
- Integrate Icon in the OsiriX Settings Dialog
- Create Screenshots for Presentations
- OsiriX Version & Plugin Version
- Osirix under Windows and Linux?
All old posts can still be found here.