This pages will list not only my plugins, but internet sites from other plugin programmers as well. If you think a site is missing, write it into the comments and I will add it. Make sure to check out the plugins, which are directly available over the OsiriX plugin manager.
- Surface Length 3D … uses surface rendering and creates paths over those surfaces, measuring it. It can also do direct (straight) 3D measures.
- Dental 3D Plugin … extends the OsiriX 3D Curved MPR Viewer features to allow the user to perform basic dental implant treatment planning. Features include: basic implants shape polygon ROIs drawing, implant ROI diameter automatic calculation based upon image analysis algorithm, ROIs are associated with each transverse section position, extended zooming in the transverse view, pilot drill volumes for 3D surface rendering and implant numbering
Aurelie Canale – homepage – contact
- CreateROIMask … convert an Osirix ROI into a binary image in Analyze format.
- RGPhaseCorr … is a plugin implantation for taking I & Q images from a FIESTA acquisition and separating water and fat using phase-sensitive SSFP. This can also be used for 2-point Dixon imaging (Moriguchi et al., Magn Reson Med. 2004 Dec;52(6):1342-50) and probably for phase-sensitive inversion recovery imaging (Kellman et al., Magn Reson Med. 2002 Feb;47(2):372-83).
- ImageToMatlab … After selecting a series and the 2D/3D viewer, ImageToMatlab.plugin will save a simple image file that you can read into Matlab using read3dfloats.m.
- MatlabToOsirix … It is quite easy to transfer 3D images from Matlab to Osirix. Here are simple instructions and a simple script, im2osirix.m.
Brian Jensen – homepage – contact
- Osirix Segmentation Tool … The user interface has support for three standard ITK region growing algorithms: connected threshold, neighborhood connected threshold and confidence connected. A fourth algorithm was developed using the ITK framework, gradient threshold.
- PetSpectFusion … automatic registration of cardiac PET and SPECT images based upon the ITK Framework.
Deqiang Qiu – homepage – contact
- DTIMap … calculates Fractional Anisotropy (FA), Mean diffusivity, radial and axial diffusivity and color coded FA maps from DTI images.
- Exporter … exports/loads DICOM images to/from nifti image and saves the current view to the database. Intended to be used as an interface between Osirix and many tools developed to work with nifti format, such as FSL.
- NiftiToDicom … This plugin imports image from nifti file to Osirix database.
- iSix = image Segmentation for OsiriX … allows to perform manual and semi-automatic segmentation using: different size brushes, region growing and livewire segmentation. For MRI studies using Dixon sequences, it incorporates a dedicated module to quantify amount of fat and muscle in the tissues.
Joël Spaltenstein – homepage – contact
- unImportantNotice … removes the various “Not for Medical Usage” banners and alerts on any OsiriX version before 6.0 . The Source code and binaries are free to download.
- ProSizeAV … TAVI plugin to ease the sizing process, automate annoying standard steps and generate standardized reports. The plugin is free, but registration is required! No FDA and no CE approval, yet. Created in collaboration with
Konrad Werys – homepage – contact
- (Cardiac) T1 Map Calculation … calculates T1 (longitudinal relaxation time) map
- (Myocardium) Manual Segmentation … allows you to manually draw myocardium contours and calculate cavity volumes, stroke volumes and ejection fraction.
- Shmolli Color Look Up Table … adds a Color Look Up Table (CLUT) similar to T1 map ShMOLLI color table used on Siemens scanners ShMOLLI article.
- DCE Tool … allows you to easily analyze dynamic contrast enhanced (DCE) MRI data.
- B1 Map … allows you to estimate B1 field inhomogeneity using either Bloch-Siegert shift or double angle method.
- Fusion Tool … allows you to combine two 4D viewers. When combing two viewers, you can limit slice numbers and temporal points for original and dragged viewers.
- Custom 4D Viewer … allows you to customize the 4D viewer
- Quality Assessment Tool … allows you to compute RMSE and MSSIM between two images
- Functional MRU Tool
- SNR Calculator … allows you to calculate SNR from repeated acquisitions of an image. Simply open the repeated series in the 4D viewer and run the plugin.
Matthew Blackledge – homepage – contact
- pyOsiriX … provides a Python interface to many of OsiriX’ viewing functions and allows you to use many of the scientific libraries available to Python in your OsiriX workflow. <Paper on this Subject>
Open Source Software University Medicine Manheim
- UMMPerfusion … An OsiriX plugin for calculation of perfusion parameters on the basis of 4-dimensional datasets. <Paper on this Subject>
- UMMDiffusion … Advanced Diffusion calculation Plugin (project under construction). The following DWI Models will be supported: standard ADC calculation, IVIM Model, Kurtosis DWI. <Paper on this Subject>
- UMMRegistration … Image registration plugin for dynamic MRI data (project under construction)
- Case Uploader (by Jarrel Seah, Jennifer Tang and Andrew Dixon) … allows quick upload of DICOM cases from Mac to Radiopaedia. Source code is available on GitHub.
- Copy ROI Info … allows you to copy information of ROIs to the clipboard.
- Global Thresholding … allows you to create ROIs from any given threshold.
Thomas Stefani – homepage – contact
- Cranial Nerves …provides assistance in locating cranial nerves’ nuclei.
- dianeXu … Open Source Automated Left Atrial Fibrosis Quantization on the OsiriX Platform. Source Code Available.
- SIVIC … an open-source, standards-based software framework and application suite for processing and visualization of DICOM MR Spectroscopy data. Through the use of DICOM, SIVIC aims to facilitate the application of MRS in medical imaging studies.
- Fovia’s High Definition Volume Rendering® (HDVR®) … Research Version for Non-Commercial Use … also take a look at the gallery
- inTag …software to calculate, display and analyze myocardial strains and intra-myocardial mechanics from cardiac MR images with a tagging pattern.
- Spectroscopic Imaging Visualization and Computing (SIVIC) … visualizing and processing DICOM MR spectroscopy data
- iPAD … annotation tool, to make the semantic content (the meaning and other key metadata) explicit and machine-accessible. iPAD, implements the AIM standard (Annotation and Image Markup) of the caBIG project.
- Mia Lite … ultra-fast level set based segmentation in 3D. Free for academic use. Available OsiriX plugin and standalone application for Mac, Linux and Windows.
- Harmonic Phase Flow … MRI tagging for regional assessment of the heart function. This technique produces a grid-like pattern of saturated magnetization over the myocardium that deforms by the underlying motion of the heart. This enables visualization of transmural deformation.